Finance is a broad subject. It deals with the study of monetary aspects such as banking, investments, assets and liabilities. Simply put, it is money management. It includes the following areas:
*Public Finance: It is all about understanding the role of Government in disbursing an amount towards the betterment of the economy of the country. For ex: Public Libraries, healthcare, transportation, infrastructure etc.
*Corporate Finance: It pertains to an organisation or company that uses finance to fund and capitalise on the investments made in the business, further reap benefits and again allocate the resources for the benefit of the growth of the shareholders/investors.
*Personal Finance: It is a study of financial management for an individual and family, taking responsibility for your current and future financial situation, and setting financial goals. It also includes saving, investing and planning for emergencies.
But as the role of the Banking sector is growing to boost the economy, Banking and Finance course is attracting a lot of aspirants. According to research, the banking and finance industry accounts for over 25% of the global economy. It is typically near the top of lists of the most desired sector to work in. Hence, pursuing a career in the banking and finance industry may be both financially profitable and a fulfilling ambition.
Banking and Finance Course Overview
Banking and Finance courses are a popular option among Commerce students as career prospects are varied and rewarding. A lot of institutes have started offering Banking and Finance courses that help a candidate focus on important concepts like – asset management, capital markets, capital flow, retail banking and other economic operations.
As most of the diplomas, under graduate and post graduate Banking and Finance degrees are offered by UGC-approved institutes and colleges, admissions can be done either on a merit basis or through university entrance exams.
As per merit basis, candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria and cut off to be selected for admission. Under exam-based admission, candidates are required to appear for the exam conducted by the institute/university for admission. Some institutes also enrol students.
Let’s understand the benefits of a Banking & Finance Course in detail:
The banking and Finance course explores the dynamic high-paced financial world, shares, credit, banking management, markets financial, savings and investments. This course provides the liquidity of assets and helps individuals and businesses invest in the future.
Here we bring the top 10 benefits of Banking & Finance Course:
- Endless Career Opportunities: After completing Banking and Finance course, a person gets endless opportunities to work in both public and private sectors with a diverse set of careers such as – banking, broking, insurance and capital markets.
If you head towards investment banking jobs, you can help Government raise money by issuing and selling securities. You can also advise on mergers and acquisitions and provide financial advisory services. As a risk manager, you get the chance to identify and assess potential risks to a company’s financial health and develop strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Decent Entry Level Salary: The average starting salary of a fresher graduate after completing Banking and Finance course is between of Rs. 3 to Rs. 6 Lakhs per annum (depending upon one’s qualification). Once a candidate gets much experience, the salary gets as high as Rs. 8 to Rs. 11 Lakhs per annum. Reputed Banks like – HDFC, SBI, and HSBC offer financial benefits including – insurance, private healthcare, travelling costs, food and rent.
- Overall Improvement of Financial Skills: The majority of Indian banks encourage both your knowledge and your skill set. Banks offer training divisions that assist students in utilising their skills to the fullest and enhance knowledge about different aspects of Banking and Finance. Team-building exercises and social gatherings are also planned. Money management, customer service, interpersonal skills and interpersonal planning are a few examples. Students get structured teaching through practical training, hands-on experiment, software learning and development opportunities.
- International Travels: Banking and Finance courses open up opportunities for international travel. As a financial professional, you get an opportunity to work and live abroad with earnings in dollars or pounds. Investment banks, hedge funds and private equity firms present excellent opportunities for overseas employment.
- A Huge Scope of Networking: A Banking course often involves attending industry events, seminars and conferences where you can meet and network with the professionals in the field. The course helps you develop collaborating skills with other students in the class. These relationships can go beyond the classroom and become professional contacts. The course also helps develop communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Learn Financial Management Skills: Financial management skills are essential for everyone working in the financial and banking industries. These skills let you respond to the complicated financial challenges and keep up with changes. After completing Banking and Finance course, a person understands the realms of the Banking industry, financial analysis, strategic thinking and project financing skills.
- Improved Critical Thinking: Banking and Finance Course lets you analyse complex financial data and make strategic decisions based on that data. This helps you improve your critical thinking and decision-making skills and allow to reach the heights of success in any of the financial fields.
- Practical Experience: Many Banking and Finance courses offer internships to gain practical experience in the field, which can help you build your resume and gain valuable skills. Some Banking and Finance courses give opportunities to candidates to work on a project that involves research, analysis and problem-solving. These courses may use simulations to provide you professional experience in trading, risk management or investment management among others.
- Access to Professional Certifications: Completing a Banking and Finance course can prepare you for professional certifications, such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP), which can improve your job prospects and earning potential.
- Increased Credibility: A Banking and Finance course from a reputable institution can increase your credibility in the financial industry, demonstrating to potential employers and clients that you have a strong foundation of knowledge and skills.
Here at TAPMICEL, we offer advanced online MBA courses in Banking and Finance. The program has been meticulously developed, keeping modern-day learners’ needs in mind. This program is taught by the top faculty.
GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals) has recognized TAPMI (MBA-BKFS) as an academic partner. As an academic partner, GARP has certified that TAPMI’s MBA-BKFS risk management course meets the latest global industry standards.